Sunday, August 2, 2009

Playin' Catch Up

Well, a lot has happened in the past couple of weeks. The beginning of July was pretty busy.

On July 14, I called up my Scout Master back in Utah and talked with him a while. I passed of two of merit badges I needed in order to advance to my Life rank. Then after that we had a short board of review and was passed off as a Life Scout. I am planning (and hoping) to have my Eagle Scout by my 18th birthday next year. As it is, I need four more merit badges and an eagle project.

Then on the 15th through the 18th, I went to scout camp here in Colorado. It was located over in Flat Tops Wilderness which is near Grand Junction, CO. It was great there, I earned three out of four merit badges: Astronomy, Emergency Preparedness, and Wilderness Survival. I attempted to complete the fishing merit badge; the only requirement I didn't acomplish was catching two spieces of fish, releasing one, and cleaning and cooking the other. I fished every single night i was there, but I didn't catch a single fish. They were jumping like crazy, but I didn't catch a single fish. I'm thinking I wasn't using the right kind of bait. I probably should have tied a fly to the end cause they were obviously going for the flies. So anyway, scout camp was tons of fun.

Before all of this we went rafting on a creek outside of Idaho Springs, CO. We took the Intermediate trip which consisted mostly of class 3 and four rapids. It was fun, but I was a little bummed at some of the class fours. I was expecting more out of them, but it was a fun and great experience none the less.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! The fishing problems are simply because you are your father's son! I'm sure you've heard about his fishing stories!

    ReplyDelete